All consumers of services offered by licensed professionals of the State of Ohio Counselor,
Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board (CSWMFT Board) have the legal right to. . . .
- Receive competent professional services.
- Verify the credentials of licensed professionals and to know the names and titles of licensed professionals who provide service. services that are respectful and sensitive to your cultural background.
- Clear explanations of the services being offered or provided and how much they cost.
- Refuse any services offered.
- Know what client records will be maintained and how to obtain copies; personally identifiable information normally cannot be revealed without the consumer's consent.
- File a complaint with the CSWMFT Board about a licensed professional or an unlicensed practitioner.
- Request and be provided reasonable accommodations to access professional services if you are a person with a disability.
You are encouraged to choose professionals who uphold the rights listed above and who also:
- Treat you with courtesy and respect.
- Explain your service options, including their consequences and any follow-up service which may be required or recommended.