CEUs taken within the State of Ohio (in person ) must be Pre-Approved by the CSWMFT Board and are not eligible for post program approval. An exception to this rule: Marriage & Family Therapist are allowed post program approval for coursework in related disciplines as well as programs approved for counselors and social workers. This is due to a limited amount of approved programs for MFT’s.
- Board approval numbers for MFTs must contain the letter “T” in the approval number, e.g. RSCT000000 or MSCT000000
- Programs that are approved by NBCC or APA or NASW or ASWB are not accepted by this Board for MFT renewal.
1. Out of state programs
3. Home study courses
4. College coursework taken in a related discipline, other than that of your license. Coursework taken within the department of your license is automatically accepted.
5. Publications, Articles, Books and Teaching or Presentations
Post Program approval forms are to be submitted within ninety (90) days of attending a program. To obtain post-program approval, the licensee shall provide the following:
1. The presenters name and credentials (normally found in the program information)
2. A copy of the program brochure or other documentation of the program content.
3. A copy of the certificate of completion, transcripts, grade card, or signed statement from the presenter to demonstrate the licensee’s attendance at the program or course.
Journal articles or books on subjects related to: Counseling, Social Work or Marriage & Family Therapy shall meet the following requirements: (Must be post approved prior to renewal of your license)
1. Journal articles shall be published in refereed journals for a maximum of ten CE hours.
2. Chapters authored by licensees in books…will be treated as journal articles.
3. Reprints or republications of published materials… are not acceptable.
4. You must submit a post program approval form prior to renewal of your license in order to count these hours.
5. The book or article must be published within your two year renewal period.
Single authored books can be granted up to thirty clock hours.
Multiple authors will each be granted an equal number of clock hours.