(614) 466-0912 - (614) 728-7790 FAX - firstname.lastname@example.org
CSWMFT Board - 50 West Broad Street, Suite 1075
Columbus, Ohio 43215-5919
1. Marriage and Family Therapy Practice:
2. Marriage and Family Therapist:
3. Independent Marriage and Family Therapist:
4. Marriage and Family Therapist Temporary:
5. Legislation - Reimbursement:
a. Current legislative situation concerning the MFT license in
Governor Strickland signed House Bill 427 into law on January
7, 2009, which makes the bill effective April 7, 2009. The bill
gives MFTs the right to diagnose and treat mental and emotional
disorders. The bill also makes changes that give the Marriage
and Family Therapist Professional Standards Committee of the CSWMFT
Board equal rights with the counselor and social worker committees.
The Board has implemented this change see Laws and Rules page
of this web site. Here is a link to the bill: HB
b. MFT reimbursement in Ohio
c. You can find information from the Ohio MFT organization at
6. Related Degree MFT Licensure:
a. Most applicants for the MFT licensure should
have a degree in MFT. Having said that, there are numerous conditions
in which the Board may be able to accept an alternative degree,
with stipulations. Please refer to 4757-25-01 in our Laws &
Rules for the educational requirements to sit for the MFT examination.
If the degree is not in MFT, it will need to contain at least
60 semester or 90 quarter hours. If you feel you have a degree
that meets these requirements, please fill out the request for
examination form and also the Educational Requirements Worksheet
that anyone without a COAMFTE-approved degree program must fill
d. Please refer to th following link lower on this page for more
information: 8. (d) Exam Pre-Approval.
7. Out-of-State MFT Applicant:
Ohio uses the national AMFTRB Examination.
Information can be found at www.amftrb.org
Links to study guides to prepare for examination:
If you have a degree in MFT, you will need to submit:
If you have a related degree, you will need to submit:
1.MFT Request for Exam
2. Transcript showing degree conferred or letter
of good standing (latter only applies to COAMFTE-approved
3. Education Requirements Form - For Non-COAMFTE accredited degrees
4. Course descriptions - For Non-COAMFTE accredited
Board accepted programs:
1.Board addition to COAMFTE accepted programs.
2.COAMFTE accredited programs are here:.
3.Non-COAMFTE accredited programs require you to follow
paragraph c or d above.
9. Supervision hours required for IMFT licensure:
10. BCI & FBI Criminal Record Checks:
15. What if I have a criminal history?
16. Address Change, Name Change or New Wall Certificate:
17. Ethics Questions:
18. License Verification:
19. Professional Disclosure Statement: