LPC Licensure Exam Guide for Students Enrolled in, or Graduates of a NON CACREP Counseling Program
NOT Meeting the Following Education Requirements
Master’s degree from a clinical mental health counseling program, clinical rehabilitation counseling program, or addiction counseling program accredited by the council for accreditation of counseling and related educational programs “CACREP.” A master’s degree from a CACREP-accredited mental health counseling program meets the education requirements if it is conferred on or before January 1, 2018.
1) If the CSWMFT Board approves you to apply for licensure and you have not taken the required licensing examination - the National Board for Certified Counselors National Counselor Examination (NCE) - an exam eligibility letter will be emailed to you. Note: Board examination approval will expire 6 months after it is issued. If you need additional time to take the exam, send another written request and request the extension. Email
2) NBCC Registration for the NCE Examination: Note: The registration processing time is four weeks from the time your payment is processed by NBCC
• Once you have obtained Board approval you may register with NBCC. The fee of $180 is required at time of registration.
• NBCC will process your registration and send you approval and information regarding exam date scheduling.
• Testing is normally the first two full weeks of each month, Monday thru Saturday at 9:00am and 1:30pm,with four hours allowed for the exam, however only certain sites offer Saturday testing. Sometimes slots are limited, so schedule early.
• Pearson Vue is the test administrator. Information regarding the administration of the exam and to find a test location may be found at: http://www.pearsonvue.com/cce/.
• A candidate who fails to schedule an appointment for an examination within six months of registering with NBCC forfeits the registration and all fees paid to take the examination.
3) After you pass the NCE Exam: fax a copy of the NCE examination report showing your passing score to (614) 728-7790.